How much do you know about Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE?This Arab city is more than luxurious hotel, Exquisite theme attractions and beaches.
Abu Dhabi has a rich culture and history, some of which are sure to shock you and let you know more. Try to spend time exploring the city by visiting museums instead of just spending time in local parks. happy learning!
- Abu Dhabi became the capital of the United Arab Emirates in 1971.
- In the local translation, the name Abu Dhabi means “father of gazelle”, derived from folklore.
- Whether it is tourists or locals, safety is paramount in the UAE, and Abu Dhabi has been rated as the safest city in the world in 2018 and 2019.
- The largest carpet in the world is located in Abu Dhabi and is known for its passion for doing bigger and better things. Sheikh Zayed Mosque.
- Due to Abu Dhabi’s unique location in the desert, the capital is sunny 360 days a year; give or take a few days!
- Abu Dhabi was established in 1967 and was designed by Japanese architect Katsuhiko Takahashi with the help of then President Sheikh Zayed. The construction of this house took more than 40,000 people into consideration, but now it has more than 120,000 local residents.
- The Leaning Tower of Abu Dhabi, known as the Gate of the Capital, is the farthest man-made Leaning Tower in the world.
- The most expensive license plate number in the world is “1”, which was sold to local Emirati Saeed Abdul Ghafour Khouri (Saeed Abdul Ghafour Khouri) for $14.3 million.
- Unlike ordinary ATM machines, Abu Dhabi was the first city to install gold-plated ATM machines that can distribute gold bars. They were tested with explosives and installed like armored vehicles to prevent theft.
- If you are a dating lover, then Abu Dhabi is the place to go. The city produces more than 199 different kinds of dates each year, with an output of 76,000 tons.
Explore Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE by booking City tour your choice.