Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Scholars Program Provides unique opportunities for a select group of talented undergraduates to gain access to specially designed courses, lectures, leadership experiences, networking, and assistance with applications for graduate school opportunities and scholarships. It accepts scholars from the best students of the UAE National Universities: Higher Institute of Technology, United Arab Emirates University and Zayed University. The Scholars Program was developed in close consultation with the Abu Dhabi Education Council, existing national universities and colleges in the UAE, and NYU Abu Dhabi. Program goals include:
Academic and Leadership Development
To provide an unrivaled and rigorous educational, intercultural and leadership development experience for outstanding and gifted university students in their third or fourth year of study at a UAE university.
Networking and Enrichment Opportunities
Provide access to NYUAD’s global research, education and leadership network to foster a greater understanding of international issues and challenges and to develop the capacity of these scholars to shape the future.
Graduate Education Consulting
Advise and assist outstanding candidates to demonstrate the highest value and drive for graduate and professional study at the institution of their choice.
NYU Summer Academy is an 18-month program aimed at raising the academic profile of motivated UAE high school students. Following a highly competitive admissions process, up to 36 program participants were selected as recipients of the Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Scholarship for Outstanding High School Students, which enables them to attend the Summer Institute. In this co-ed program, students gain exposure to a rich culture and a rigorous academic program that enhances their ability to enter and perform well at top English-language universities. The program begins in the summer after 10 years of high school and continues for the next 18 months, including two summer intensive study sessions in Abu Dhabi and possible international or regional travel to New York. In addition, students participate in online learning and academic refresher weekends during the academic year. The goals of the program include:
Through an 18-month program, students are instilled with the intellectual resources and skills needed to succeed at a top English-language university.
liberal arts education
Introduce students to the study of the humanities and the value of a liberal arts education.
To develop students’ understanding of Western university cultural norms.
Empower students to excel on the standardized tests required for college admission.
The Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Community Program at NYU Abu Dhabi invites applications for the academic support position: Coordinator of Academic Affairs. Appointments will begin as soon as possible and will last for two years.
The Academic Affairs Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating both senior community outreach programs. This individual will have the unique opportunity to work with dynamic teams to identify and execute areas that will improve the academic and organizational effectiveness of both programs.
- Lead registration and registration for all SMSP, SA and YFMW students
- Updated SMSP and SA Advanced Class Schedule
- Create Brightspace course sites for all SMSP and SA courses
- Coordinate and collect midterm and final grades for all SMSP and SA courses; submit final grades to Registrar and complete transcripts
- Coordinate and gather midterm and final feedback for all SMSP and SA courses
- Design and deliver course assessments for all SMSP and SA courses
- Coordinate classroom bookings and Zoom links for all SMSP and SA classes (as applicable)
- Facilitate any classroom setup requests (such as seating arrangements or recordings) for all SMSP and SA courses
- Manage all A/V and IT requests or issues for all SMSP and SA teachers and students
- Support SMSP, SA and YFMW recruitment, nomination and selection processes as needed
- Support other program activities as needed
- Creation and coordination of teacher directories for SMSP and SA
- Organize and support all SMSP and SA teacher meetings including setting agendas, sending reminders and following up on action steps
- Organize and update all Google Calendar events involving teachers (e.g. teacher meetings, lessons, events, etc.)
- Send course and other reminders to SMSP and SA students
- Track attendance and submissions for all SMSP and SA courses
- Coordinate SMSP and SA academic trial process
Academic Affairs Coordinators may be assigned as Assistant Instructors for SMSP or SA courses. In this role:
- Provide classroom support such as (1) preparing lesson plans and materials prior to class, (2) taking notes and assisting in class, (3) updating Brightspace course sites and tracking discussions/assignments
- Coordinate class projects or assignments as requested by teachers
- 1-1 meetings with students as required by tutor, may meet once or twice throughout the course
- Supports the grade and feedback process required by teachers
- Facilitate conferences or seminars at the request of lecturers
- Other duties as required by the Senior Director
Required education, certification, licensing or training:
Preferred Education, Certification, Licensing or Training:
Required work and related experience
- Two or more years of higher education student affairs experience
- Ability to work with students from local high schools and the three federal universities in the UAE
- High level organizational/time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and excellent interpersonal skills with different cultures and people
- High level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Passion and strong desire to carry out the mission of the Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Community Program
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent judgment, tact, diplomacy, judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to be creative and flexible to respond to rapidly changing and complex work situations
- Proficient in MS Office and Google suite of tools
- Flexible schedules to work weekends and evenings if necessary
Preferred work and related experience
- Familiarity with face-to-face and online teaching modes
- Familiarize yourself with UAE education and culture
- Experience teaching and supporting ESL learners, especially writing skills
- extremely developed cultural sensitivity
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree, preferably in education or a related discipline. Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume outlining specifically how their experience and qualifications align with role responsibilities and requirements (in pdf format), along with the contact information of three references.
We are currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis and will continue until the position is filled.
For instructions and information on how to apply, visit our website: https://nyuad.nyu.edu/en/about/careers/academic-support.html. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. For more information on the program, please visit: www.nyuad.nyu.edu/summer.academy.
NYUAD is committed to equality and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates who would enrich and contribute to our University’s cultural and ethnic diversity.
If this sounds like you, apply now.
Join NYU Abu Dhabi, an extraordinary place for exceptional people.
UAE nationals are encouraged to apply.
The institution is searching using Interfolio’s Faculty Search. Applicants for this position will receive a free Dossier account and will be able to send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For EU nationals, click here for information about your privacy rights under the GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.