Abu Dhabi International Airport is on the cusp of unveiling one of the world’s most expansive airport terminals on November 1. This massive Terminal A will supersede its forerunner by threefold, playing host to 28 airlines and affording passengers access to 117 destinations around the globe.
Seamless Shift for Airlines
From November 1 to 14, a two-week transition phase will see all airport terminals—A, 1, 2, and 3—simultaneously operational. As of November 15, Terminal A will exclusively cater to all airlines.
Travelers traversing to or from Abu Dhabi’s airport within the initial two weeks of November are encouraged to stay informed through Abu Dhabi International Airport’s website or their respective airlines to ascertain their assigned terminal.
- November 1: Terminal A inauguration, with Wizz Air Abu Dhabi and 15 other international airlines launching operations.
- November 9: Etihad Airways initiating 16 daily flights.
- November 14: Terminal A welcomes the full roster of 28 airlines, including Etihad and Air Arabia Abu Dhabi.
Navigating to Terminal A
From Abu Dhabi City Center:
- E10 Highway Route: Trace airplane icon signs, then follow Passenger Terminal A signs.
- 30th Street Route: Converge onto E20 Highway, proceed with airplane icon signs via Al Rawafid Street and Al Diyafah Street, then adhere to Passenger Terminal A signage.
From Al Ain:
- Drive on the E22 Highway (Abu Dhabi-Al Ain Road) for about 140km, link with the northbound E10 highway (Dubai-bound), and pursue airplane icon signs and Passenger Terminal A directions.
- Cover 80km on Sheikh Zayed Road toward Abu Dhabi. Transition onto the E10 highway heading to Abu Dhabi city. Post Yas and Saadiyat Islands signages, locate an exit to Abu Dhabi International Airport Terminal A and trail the marked signposts until your airport arrival.
A Remarkable Transition
The launch of Abu Dhabi’s expansive Terminal A marks a momentous achievement in the region, promising enriched travel experiences for passengers and airlines.