According to the latest report from Dubai Airports, Dubai International Airport (DXB) will welcome around 3.5 million passengers between June 20 and July 3, with a total average daily traffic of 252,000 passengers.
The hub is bracing for a surge in departures, with more than 250,000 outbound passengers expected between June 23 and 25. Saturday 24 June is expected to be very busy with total departures across the DXB approaching 100,000 passengers. The arrival peak at the end of the Eid al-Adha holiday is expected to be even busier, with a record daily total of 305,000 passengers expected on July 2.
“Dubai International Airport’s recovery this year has been impressive, as evidenced by impressive traffic growth in the first quarter. As a result, this year’s seasonal peak is expected to be the busiest since 2019 and we are preparing accordingly The various teams at DXB, representing control agencies such as Terminal Operations, Guest Experience, Dubai Police, Airlines, Ground Handling, Baggage Operations, Car Park and multiple commercial and service partners, are all working in perfect synchrony, To maintain the high quality of service for international flights. Essa Al Shamsi, Senior Vice President Terminal Operations at Dubai Airports, said: “Passengers must expect things from Dubai. “
Airport teams are working collaboratively with the support of DXB’s state-of-the-art Airport Operations Control Center, which not only monitors operations within the terminal and at the airport in real time, but also helps to predict and resolve operational situations before they occur despite peak traffic It will still ensure a smooth airport experience for passengers from curb to gate. Meanwhile, Dubai Airports has issued simple guidelines for passengers to follow in anticipation of the holiday rush.
• Passengers flying with Emirates can take advantage of the airline’s convenient home, early and self-service check-in facilities, as well as city check-in options at ICD Brookfield Place in Dubai’s DIFC area and dedicated facilities in Ajman.
• Airdubai passengers are advised to arrive at the airport at least 4 hours before flight departure.
• Passengers traveling on all other airlines should arrive at DXB 3 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure time. DXB recommends using online check-in wherever possible to save time.
• For travelers traveling as a family, children over the age of 12 can use the Smart Gate to expedite the passport control process.
• Passengers should be aware of the latest travel regulations at their destination and have all necessary travel documents ready before arriving at the airport.
• Weighing luggage at home, organizing documents ahead of time, and preparing for security checks can help minimize stress at the airport.
• Spare batteries and power banks are considered a safety hazard and are prohibited in luggage or as checked luggage. Passengers must pack batteries and power banks properly and carry them in hand luggage only.
• Passengers can use the Dubai Metro to and from Terminals 1 and 3 of the airport. During the Hari Raya holiday, subway operating hours are usually extended.
• Access to the arrivals forecourt of Terminals 1 and 3 is restricted to public transport and other authorized airport vehicles. Guests arriving to pick up guests at the airport are advised to use DXB’s designated parking lot or valet parking services to accommodate guests comfortably.
• Upon arrival at the airport, travelers can enjoy DXB’s world-class facilities, including restaurants, duty-free shops, hotels and exclusive lounges, before taking off. – trade arab news agency