Interactive Media Arts instructors will be expected to support all aspects of the Interactive Media Program at NYU Abu Dhabi. This includes providing critical technical, academic and administrative support for interactive media projects and their courses, spaces, events and communications. The right candidate will be proactive and have the ability to see the big picture, understand what is needed and make it happen.
- Conduct creative, technical and pedagogical workshops in and out of the classroom.
- Meet one-on-one with students to support their interactive media capstone and coursework.
- Create educational resources (online and print) for students to use – leaflets, guides, short instructional videos, etc. to establish standards and best practices.
- Manage tools, machines, electronic component inventory and equipment. This includes managing equipment inspection systems, developing and maintaining safety and training materials, tracking the quantity and condition of items, and working with the laboratory manager to procure replacement or additional items as needed.
- Manage the Program’s digital assets, resources, sites and services.
- Provide technical, administrative and logistical support for project activities such as end-of-term presentations, hackathons, open days, etc.
- Hire, train and supervise student assistants.
- Attend regular program meetings and art director meetings.
About NYU Abu Dhabi
New York University (NYU) was established in partnership with the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, and over the past decade, NYUAD has brought together a community of scholars, students, researchers, artists, inventors and others who have contributed to the development of the UAE The capital serves as a global intellectual and cultural center while building new models of higher education for today’s complex world.
NYUAD is energized by an inspiring, diverse faculty, students and staff working together in an exciting and dynamic city. As an international center of teaching and research excellence, we aim to attract outstanding faculty who are leaders in their fields, encourage them to create programs that attract outstanding students, and provide a knowledge-rich environment.
NYU students come from more than 126 countries, with no single nationality making up more than 15 percent of the student body. Likewise, our more than 320 faculty members represent more than 45 countries and bring a global perspective to their classrooms and research projects. NYUAD is committed to building and strengthening a campus-wide culture of inclusion, diversity, belonging and equity (IDBE) that is the foundation of the University’s pursuit of excellence.access our website for more information on NYUAD’s commitment to the IDBE And how those values form the foundation of our mission.
Students come from the best in the world. They are bright, full of wisdom, and committed to creating a campus environment of mutual respect, understanding, and care. The NYU undergraduate body has an impressive record of scholarships, graduate school admissions and other global honors. Postgraduate education is a growth area for the University; the current graduate student population of over 100 students is expected to expand over the next decade as we develop new graduate programmes.
Work at NYU
To help faculty and staff thrive, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. The first is a relocation allowance to ensure a smooth transition to Abu Dhabi. It includes a competitive salary; provision of furnished accommodation; educational assistance for your dependents attending school in the UAE; and access to health and wellness services.click here More information about benefits for you and your family.
Required work and related experience
- Past work experience providing teaching support to undergraduate level students in a university and/or equivalent setting.
- Advanced knowledge of Processing, P5JS, Arduino, front-end and back-end web development tools, digital fabrication (laser cutting, 3D printing), physical computing and creative coding
- Learn about common hand and power tools, and learn how to work with wood, metal, plastic, and more.
- Ability to use Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects)
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus: openFrameworks, Cinder, TouchDesigner, Unity, Unreal Engine, Fusion 360, Maya, Blender
To apply for this position, please submit the following materials:
- cover letter
- The contact details of the three referees. Letters of recommendation will be requested at a later date.
We anticipate that successful candidates may be appointed and relocate to Abu Dhabi starting in the 2023-2024 or 2024-2025 academic year, depending on final budget approval.
NYU is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates who will enrich and contribute to our University’s cultural and ethnic diversity, including women, underrepresented minorities and UAE nationals.
For questions about this position, please email to email@example.com.
Join NYU Abu Dhabi, an extraordinary place for exceptional people.
UAE nationals are encouraged to apply. #nyuadinstructorcareers
The institution is searching using Interfolio’s Faculty Search. Applicants for this position will receive a free Dossier account and will be able to send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For EU nationals, click here for information about your privacy rights under the GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.