Some of the world’s best racers will face off on the streets of downtown Chicago this weekend. NASCAR’s first-ever street race.
While racing will undoubtedly be the focus of the two-day event, it’s only part of the festivities planned for the National Day weekend. From meeting the drivers to riding the Ferris Wheel, NASCAR fans — regardless of age — can stay entertained in many different ways.
And that doesn’t include musical performances.
The first of these events is the Black Crowes pregame concert, which kicks off Saturday at 2:30 pm. Following the conclusion of The Loop 121, the FISM-sanctioned series, The Chainsmokers will perform to thousands of spectators at Grant Park.Their concert is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.
Blues and country artist Charley Crockett will kick off the second day of festivities with a pre-game concert at noon. Viewers will have the chance to see country superstar Miranda Lambert showcase her musical talents ahead of the weekend’s main event, the Grant Park 220, a NASCAR Cup Series street race.Her concert is scheduled for 1:30pm to 3pm before the 4pm game
For those without tickets, Nazca Village is a free festival open to the public that will be set up during the event.
Opening to the public at 9 a.m. daily, the experience will include a NASCAR pace car display and interactive exhibits at the Museum of Science and Industry and the Field Museum, a spokesperson previously told NBC Chicago.
Whether you have specific questions about the NASCAR pros or are just interested in what they have to say, there are at least eight different Q&A sessions going on. Here’s the schedule:
- 1-1:15pm – Q&A with No. 98 and No. 00 Ford NXS drivers Riley Herbst and Cole Custer (Ford Display)
- 1:15-1:30pm – Q&A with #1 NCS driver John Hunter Nemechek. 20 Toyota (Toyota Racing Display)
- 1-1:15pm – Q&A with No. 23 Toyota NCS driver Bubba Wallace (McDonald’s presentation)
- 1:15-1:30 pm – Q&A with #1 Chevrolet NCS driver Ross Chastain (Chevrolet Racing Showcase)
- 1:30-1:45pm – Q&A with #48 Chevrolet NCS driver Alex Bowman (Chevrolet Racing Showcase)
- 1:30-1:45pm – Q&A with No. 14 Ford NCS driver Chase Briscoe (Ford Display)
- 2-2:15 pm – Q&A with #11 Toyota NCS driver Denny Hamlin (Toyota Racing Showcase)
- 2-2:15 pm – Q&A with #8 Chevrolet NCS driver Kyle Busch (Chevrolet Racing Showcase)
Fans will have the opportunity to cheer on the drivers taking part in the Grant Park 220 ahead of Saturday’s The Chainsmokers concert.
The fun doesn’t stop there.
NASCAR is calling on all ticket holders to head to Grant Park after the driver introductions, where they can take the largest crowd selfie in the sport.