The UAE’s Federal Authority for Identity, Customs and Port Security has announced 15 new updates to the Smart Services system, Emirates News Agency (WAM) reported. These updates are part of a plan to develop a service system based on recent developments.
The authorities said the new updates have been adopted and will be implemented starting February 1, 2023, the report said, adding that the changes included all categories such as citizens, residents and tourists, with the aim of providing high-quality services.
The latest updates include:
read more: UAE Golden Visa 6 Months Multiple Entry Permit: Categories, Fees, Eligibility
1. Issuance of group family tourist visa, single and multiple entry treatment is 60 days and 180 days respectively.
2. Accompaniment of patients is also available for single and multiple entry for periods of 60 days and 180 days.
3. Citizens of determination are exempted from the fingerprint requirement when applying for passport issuance, renewal or replacement.
4. The visa extension service will be expanded to allow a 30-day extension for those who hold a one-time 90-day visa.
5. This does not include the renewal of residence visas valid for more than 6 months.
6. Cancellation and amendment services will be provided for visa data in the accounts of GCC citizens without Emirates ID.
7. One- or multiple-entry visit visas for relatives and friends are extended for 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days.