Job code: 4242
D: project-based (fixed term)
Job Duration: From October 1, 2022 to June 30, 2024
Job Title: research assistant
project name: Exploring social determinants of health among older adults in Abu Dhabi.
Academic Departments: Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
About Khalifa University
Khalifa University ranks 181Yingshi Top UAE university in the QS World University Rankings 2023, with a range of research and academic programs designed to address all the strategic, scientific and industrial challenges facing our rapidly developing world.
Its world-class teaching staff and state-of-the-art research facilities provide students from the UAE and around the world an unparalleled learning experience. Through our three faculties, our research and scholarly activities cover a wide range of disciplines including engineering, science and medicine.
Research at Khalifa University addresses key areas of focus related to the UAE’s strategic economic growth, as well as the technology platforms that underlie these areas. The University’s research focus is divided into ‘vertical’ and ‘horizontal’ categories, which together cover the needs, technology platforms and expertise of specific industries and sectors.
KU’s focus areas are clean and renewable energy, hydrocarbon exploration and production, water and environment, healthcare, aerospace, and supply chain and logistics. Our research platforms in robotics, artificial intelligence and data science, information and communication technology, advanced materials and manufacturing, and fundamental science enhance research in these areas.
KU is seeking a highly motivated research assistant Dedicated to exploring social determinants of health (SDH) among older adults in Abu Dhabi. This study aimed to identify priority themes within each SDH domain in order to tailor SDH education programs and research agendas.
As part of the program, researchers will have the opportunity to work as part of a wider team with researchers and postgraduate students from a variety of backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree
- Those with research experience are preferred
- Comply with the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Perform any other tasks assigned by line manager
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputed university in Health Sciences or a related discipline
- Experience undertaking assigned research tasks and contributing to scholarly output
- Willingness to contribute to a collaborative and supportive team culture
- Excellent English language communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines as part of a team
- Well-developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor degree and/or work experience from a top 200 ranked QS or THE university
- At least 1 year of relevant experience as a researcher in academia or industry
- Experience in high-impact publications in the top 10% of journals in the relevant field
If you need further assistance or experience any problems with the online application, please do not hesitate to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Main location: KUK – Khalifa University
Work: research assistant
job type: full time