22.2 C
Dubai
Thursday, April 18, 2024
spot_img

Ron Howard says it’s not ‘a priority for Lucasfilm’

[ad_1]

“The fanbasesolo: A sort of star wars Story,” as powerful as it may be, the director may deliver some disappointing news Ron HowardThe introduction of young versions of Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich) and Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover) is to launch a new round of “Star Wars” movies. Lucasfilm, which flopped at the box office (grossing approximately $392 million against a reported budget of $300 million) and received middling reviews from critics. The film also suffered from various behind-the-scenes chaos, as Phil Lord and Chris Miller were fired from the project in 2017 before Ron Howard took over to finish the job.

in a New interview with NMERon Howard said any rumors of a possible sequel to “Solo” were entirely fan-driven and not taken seriously in Lucasfilm conversations.

More from IndieWire

“The only discussion I know of about a ‘Solo’ sequel right now is from fans,” Howard said. “As far as I know, I don’t think it’s a priority for Lucasfilm.”

Calls for a sequel also follow, as it’s revealed that Darth Maul, the villain of The Phantom Menace, is still alive after all.

The director of Thirteen Lives and Hillbilly Elegy continued, “But there are some great characters coming out, and the folks at Lucasfilm love the fans and really listen so I’m never going to say never- But I don’t know of any concrete plans right now to expand the story or deal with that particular set of characters.”

Earlier this year, Star Wars producer Kathleen Kennedy think the movie failed As a study course for Lucasfilm and the franchise.

“There should be moments in the learning process,” says producer Kennedy. vanity fair then. “It’s really clear now that we can’t do that.” The main takeaway? “Star Wars” shouldn’t just recast traditional fan-favorite characters like Han and Lando.

“It made a lot of money, it just didn’t live up to expectations,” Howard on the “Happy Sad Confused” podcast Back to 2019. It usually takes three years, and I worked for eight months to gain experience. I feel good about the way it turned out. I love the way it plays out to the audience, I’ve seen it firsthand. All of which I can feel good about. “

Best IndieWire

sign up Indiewire Newsletter. Follow us for the latest news Facebook, Twitterwith instagram.

Click here to read the full article.

[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Salim Khan Condemns Threats Against Son Salman Khan as ‘jaahil’, Assures Enhanced Police Protection by Eknath Shinde.

Salim Khan Speaks Out on Threats Against Son Salman Khan Amidst Recent Firing Incident Following a visit by Maharashtra Chief Minister Eknath Shinde to their...

Saisha Bhasin Khan Excited About Starring in Upcoming Netflix Feature Film “Perfect Dad”

Saisha Bhasin Khan Gears Up for Leading Role in Netflix's Blockbuster 'Perfect Dad' In an exclusive interview, Saisha Bhasin Khan shares her joy and enthusiasm...

Tiger Shroff leaves the audience amazed with his performance in ‘Bade Miyan Chote Miyan’

Tiger Shroff Stuns Audiences with His Role in 'Bade Miyan Chote Miyan ‘Bade Miyan Chote Miyan’ has been released, and people cannot stop raving about...

Map of Limitless Positivity ! Discover the Shining Spots Across the US Where Total Solar Eclipse Thrills Await

Map of Nope: Unveiling the Regions of the United States Exempt from Total Solar Eclipse Phenomena In the vast tapestry of celestial events, few occurrences...

Anant Ambani and Radhika Merchant’s Spectacular Jamnagar Extravaganza Unveils 5 Unforgettable Moments

Anant Ambani and Radhika Merchant's Glamorous Jamnagar Affair The extravagant pre-wedding bash of Anant Ambani and Radhika Merchant unfolded over three days, captivating the attention...

Latest Articles