The ERM Senior Specialist will assist University management in developing, implementing and improving a University-wide enterprise risk management framework and will assist in identifying and managing risks to University departments/units, staff, students and reputation.
- Monitor and highlight the University’s external risks and make recommendations on how to manage them
- Coordinate risk reporting across the University to ensure management receives adequate and reliable information
- Assess and report operational risks across the University and provide timely updates to the Director
- Discuss with them findings and actions to address identified risks
- Ensure effective coordination, communication and reporting of relevant issues
- Communicate to directors and management the identification and management of key risks
- Liaise with other risk management functions (Health and Safety, IT Risk Management, Emergency Response/Business Continuity, Financial Risk, etc.) for risk coordination.
- Implement and manage an Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)/Business Continuity Management (BCM) program across the University
- Assist in the review and continuous enhancement of the application of the enterprise risk management framework.
- Serve as liaison to provide direction and advise department heads on ERM/BCM initiatives implemented by senior management
- Develop and maintain ERM/BCM policies, processes, procedures, tools and information systems
- Facilitate the identification, measurement, monitoring and reporting of risks, consistent with the University’s internal risk tolerance
- Deploy and maintain quantitative tools and models that help estimate the likelihood and severity of risk events.
- Analyze ERM metrics and report on performance
- Quantify and prioritize risks, validate assumptions, report on risks and ensure complete and correct information for decision making and reporting
- Oversee the development and implementation of University-wide ERM/BCM training
- Monitor compliance as required by the ERM/BCM policy, including risk aggregation across the University and development and review of overall risk profile and reporting of results
- Support the assessment and identification of opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business disruption and other risks arising from business, regulatory or industry-specific change initiatives
- Participate in follow-up tasks to ensure corrective actions agreed in the report are properly implemented;
- Comply with the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments as needed to facilitate completion of tasks and responsibilities
- Perform any other tasks assigned by line manager
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics or IT.
foreigner: At least 7 years relevant experience.
UAE nationals: At least 3 years relevant experience
If you need further assistance or experience any problems with the online application, please contact the Recruitment Team (Recruitment Team@ku.ac.ae).
Main location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Work: senior expert
job type: full time