The plaintiffs were in the bathroom when the ceiling caved in and the heater fell on them, causing burns, cuts and bruises, the case documents said
An Arab woman and her daughter suffered first-degree burns after a water heater fell and hit them in a hotel bathroom in Ras Al Khaimah.
The plaintiff and her daughter were in the bathroom when the ceiling caved in and the heater fell on them, case documents said. This resulted in them suffering first-degree burns, as well as various bruises and wounds. She filed a complaint with the hotel and maintenance staff.
The mother filed a lawsuit against the hotel and its maintenance department, demanding Dh21,000 in compensation for material and moral damage caused by the accident.
The investigation proved that the material and mental damage suffered by the two plaintiffs and their bodies were caused by the negligence of the two defendants in this case, especially the two defendants were the persons in charge of the maintenance department of the hotel. Investigation confirmed that the radiator fell due to improper installation.
The Ras Al Khaimah Court fined the maintenance department officials Dh1,000 and referred the case to the Commercial Court.