Fresh Basil at Bab Al Qasr Hotel in Abu Dhabi brings the UAE capital’s first-ever ‘Dining in the Dark’ experience, where diners can indulge in a three-course enigmatic set menu in total darkness.
The hotel says the immersive culinary experience will take guests on a fascinating journey that engages all five senses.
The experience runs Monday through Saturday (7:45pm to 11pm).
This one-of-a-kind dining experience consists of five carefully crafted stages to enhance the sensory adventure:
• Welcome and explain the five senses: Guests will receive a warm welcome and learn about the concept of “Dining in the Dark,” emphasizing the importance of engaging all five senses to fully appreciate the flavors and textures of each dish.
• Photo Booth: Before dark, diners will have the opportunity to capture memorable moments at a dedicated photo booth, creating lasting memories of their unique experience.
• Briefing Table: At the briefing table, guests will receive basic information on safety guidelines and other pertinent details to ensure their comfort and enjoyment throughout their meal.
• Mystery Menu: The highlight of the evening is when guests will be escorted to their tables in total darkness. In this sensory-deprived setting, they will sample a three-course mystery menu carefully curated to allow the taste buds to take center stage, focusing solely on the aroma and taste of each dish.
• Food reveal: After the meal, guests can discuss and taste their favorite dishes when the menu is revealed, and the taste will also be revealed. This moment adds an element of surprise and intrigue, making for an exquisite finish to the dining-in-the-dark experience.
Elias Saad, Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage, Bab Al Qasr, said: “We take the satisfaction of our guests very seriously and are delighted to enhance their dining experience with the launch of ‘Dining in the Dark’ for the first time in the capital. By immersing in total darkness, Diners can enhance their other senses and embark on a culinary journey like no other.”
Copyright 2022 Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group Courtesy of SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).