The research program’s goals are to address the growing challenges of securing networked information technology systems that have become pervasive, and to address broader political, economic, and policy issues to help understand and mitigate cyber risk. Its goal is to bring together technologists and scientists to model the integration of technical, legal, financial and psychological aspects to develop safe, secure and practical solutions to meet the information security and privacy challenges of today’s connected world. Research assistantship candidates play a vital role in supporting these research activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical and computer engineering, or quantitative social science.
- Can be implemented in different underlying software or hardware languages (preferably C or VHDL).
- Ability to follow up and contribute to critical analysis of research questions and develop independent ideas around the testing and evaluation of safety systems
- Ability to write technical reports and research papers
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to participate in conferences with researchers and faculty, presentation skills
Experience aimed at, but not limited to:
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- network analysis
- Hardware and Critical Infrastructure Security
- User-Centric Security
- Extensive publication record and practical skills
Employment conditions are very competitive, including subsidies for housing and children’s education.
Applications will be accepted immediately and candidates will be considered until the position is filled. For consideration, applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume, degree transcript, statement of research interests and at least one letter of recommendation (up to two may be required as part of the application process), all in PDF format.If you have any questions please email email@example.com
About NYU School of Design
NYU Abu Dhabi is a degree-granting research university offering a fully integrated liberal arts and sciences undergraduate program in the arts, sciences, social sciences, humanities, and engineering. NYU Abu Dhabi, NYU-NYU, and NYU Shanghai form the backbone of the NYU Global Network University, an interconnected network of gateway campuses and academic centers on six continents that enable students and faculty in pursuit of Seamless international mobility for academic and scholarly activities. This global university represents a revolution in higher education, where the intellectual and creative endeavors of academia are shaped and viewed through an international and multicultural lens. As a major intellectual center at the crossroads of the Arab world, NYU School of Design serves as a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, knowledge creation and sharing through its academic, research and creative activities.
EOE/AA/Minority/Women/Vets/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employers
UAE nationals are encouraged to apply
The institution is using Interfolio’s Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants for this position receive a free profile account and are free to send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
For users within the European Union, please click here for information on your privacy rights under the GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and social inclusion.