Emirates NBD Bank warns customers about a new phishing method called “quishing.” Criminals use QR codes to steal private information or distribute malicious software.
- Scammers send emails with QR codes.
- Scanning the code may lead to a fake website.
- The website requests private information.
- Be cautious of QR codes in emails from unknown sources.
- Hover over the code to preview before clicking to verify legitimacy.
- Beware of QR codes redirecting to fake sites requesting personal data.
- Confirm sender’s email address is official before responding.
Customers are advised to contact the bank if their information is compromised.