Application deadline: 30 June 2023 at 5 pm Geneva time (UTC+2).
by”for the prosperity of the earth“, young students or professionals aged 18 to 30 will have the opportunity to discuss ongoing technological innovation, industry transformation, future education, and the growing importance of soft skills—especially the need to collaborate to solve complex problems, scale up and create A more resilient global economy.
UNCTAD Youth Forum will be used as World Investment Forum.
Young leaders will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in dynamic conversations in the form of deep dive sessions, youth hours, creative problem-solving workshops, youth projects and networking.
The results of the forum will be fed back to COP28 and other future events.
purpose of the forum
• Facilitate the exchange of experiences among youth and strengthen the network of future leaders from around the world.
• Facilitate an interactive dialogue between youth and global players working on the SDGs, providing a platform for youth to express their views on issues of concern and areas where they would like to take greater action.
• Raise awareness of youth-led projects and how to increase youth participation in sustainable development programmes.
The forum will bring together youth from around the world to exchange local and global experiences, ideas and best practices. It will provide a platform for young people’s perspectives to be debated more broadly at the World Investment Forum. This will be achieved through in-depth dive sessions, youth hours, creative problem-solving workshops, youth-proposed projects and networking. Forum participants can also participate in WIF itself.
Participation criteria UNCTAD will pre-select Forum participants who meet the following criteria:
• Be between the ages of 18 and 30.
• Able to speak and understand English.
• Experience (from study or work) in UNCTAD’s work/focus area. Evidence from projects related to trade and development (academic and professional) will be considered experience in the field. Participants will then be invited to describe their experiences in a video.
to know more information: