36.5 C
Dubai
Monday, June 17, 2024
spot_img

World News | 3 restaurants in New Zealand attacked diners with an ax and 4 people were injured

[ad_1]

Streaks of light seen in California. (Image source: video capture)

WELLINGTON, June 20 (AP) — Four people were hospitalized in New Zealand when a man armed with an ax began randomly attacking diners at three neighboring Chinese restaurants, police and witnesses said.

Police said the man started the attack in the northern Auckland suburb of Albany at about 9pm on Monday. They said they arrested a 24-year-old suspect at the scene and charged him with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm. Police did not immediately provide a motive for the attack.

Read also | 2023 Summer Solstice Dates and Times: Learn Midsummer Facts and the Significance of the Longest Day of the Year.

One patient involved in the attack remains in hospital in a stable condition, Auckland City Hospital said on Tuesday. North Shore Hospital said one patient had moderate injuries and another had minor injuries. Both were in stable condition and a third patient had been released earlier.

A diner told the New Zealand Herald he was having dinner with a friend when the man walked in and began attacking his critically injured friend.

Read also | Pakistan Railways employees protest wage arrears in Lahore.

“I was in shock. When I realized what was going on, he tried to target me,” the man, who did not want to be named, told the Herald. “I blocked his ax with my hand. He also wanted to aim for my head so I blocked the ax with my hand.

Diners said the man with the ax chased them out of the restaurant before turning and walking into another restaurant.

The Herald posted an image of what appeared to be a log-splitting ax on the sidewalk.

Acting Detective Inspector Timothy Williams said they were not looking for anyone else in the incident, meaning they believed the man acted alone. Williams said police expect to file more charges.

The suspect was scheduled to make his first court appearance on Tuesday.

The restaurants the man entered were Yue’s Dumpling House, Zhang Liang Malatang and Maya Hot Pot. They are one of many restaurants on the street that aim to offer diners a low-cost option reminiscent of Chinese street food. (Associated Press)

(This is an unedited and auto-generated story from a Syndicated News feed, the content body may not have been modified or edited by LatestLY staff)


[ad_2]

Source link

Related Articles

Will Gold price continue to fall after FED verdict?

Will Gold price continue to fall after FED verdict? The metal seen its highest level on May 20, gaining momentum on US rate cut expectations...

PM Narendra Modi Faces Trudeau at G7 Summit Amid Diplomatic Tensions

PM Narendra Modi to Face Justin Trudeau Amid Diplomatic Row The 2024 G7 Summit is set to take place in Osaka, Japan, with leaders of...

Vlippr AI Raises $120K from Private Partner, Revolutionizing Content Creation with Human-Like Voice Cloning

Vlippr AI Private Limited, an innovative video sharing and content creation platform, has secured $120,000 in funding from a private partner. This significant achievement...

Unacademy’s Gaurav Munjal has this advice for startup founders: ‘Don’t do it for…’.

Unacademy's Gaurav Munjal has this advice for startup founders: 'Don’t do it for…' Gaurav Munjal, the co-founder and CEO of Unacademy, a prominent Indian online...

UAE: Stunning ‘Ghost’ Nebula Captured from Abu Dhabi Desert

UAE: Stunning 'Ghost' Nebula Astronomy enthusiasts and scientists alike have been captivated This remarkable astronomical event has brought attention to the UAE’s burgeoning interest in...

Latest Articles