Bahrain and United Arab Emirates will open their Arabian Gulf Cup Event at the Al-Minaa Olympic Stadium on Saturday (January 7).
The 25th Arabian Gulf Cup will be held in Iraq from January 6th to 9th. The eight participating teams are all members of the Arabian Gulf Cup Football Federation. Defending champions Bahrain face Kuwait, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates in Group B. The two top-ranked teams will advance to the semi-finals.
Bahrain performed commendably last year, qualifying for the AFC Asian Cup, their sixth consecutive qualification since 2004. Muharrabi Dilmun has won nine of his 14 matches in 2022, drawing four.
The UAE are one of their toughest opponents in the region. They won the Arabian Gulf Cup twice, in 2007 and 2013, but struggled in the last edition. They are out of the group stage with one win and two losses. However, the UAE (70) has a higher FIFA ranking than Bahrain (85).
Al Abyad has played 11 games in 2022, with 4 wins, 1 draw and 6 losses. They also qualified for the AFC Asian Cup – which will be their 11th appearance in the Asian Cup since 1980.
The last time the two teams met was in November 2020, with Bahrain winning 3-0 in the UAE. Who will go higher this time?
Bahrain vs UAE head-to-head and key stats
- Bahrain have won three times and lost three times in their last five games.
- The two teams have played against each other 29 times, and Bahrain is 13-11 behind.
- Bahrain scored 43 goals and conceded 49 goals against the UAE.
- The UAE have scored eight goals and conceded six against Bahrain in their last five games.
- Bahrain have won three of their last five games, while the UAE have won two and lost three.
- Form guide: Bahrain – LDLLW; UAE – WWLLL.
Bahrain vs UAE Prediction
Bahrain will try to get the full score against the UAE ahead of their clash with 2022 FIFA World Cup hosts Qatar.
The UAE, meanwhile, will also have a strong opening game before a tough encounter with familiar foes Kuwait in the next. A balanced outcome is expected due to the familiarity between the parties.
prophecy: Bahrain 1-1 UAE
Bahrain vs UAE Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result – Tie
TIP 2: MATCHES MUST BE MORE THAN 2.5 GOALS – NO
Tip 3: Bahrain Scores First – Yes
Tip 4: UAE Score – Yes