Open Grade Faculty – Industrial and Systems Engineering
The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, an academic unit within the Faculty of Engineering, offers four degree programs; Bachelor of Science Industrial and Systems Engineering Master of Engineering Systems and Management, Master of Engineering in Health, Safety and the Environment, in addition to the Ph.D. degree. A new graduate program in healthcare delivery systems is also in development. The department conducts cutting-edge research and educates students in areas such as energy and sustainability, supply chain and logistics, operations research and analytics, manufacturing systems, healthcare engineering management, systems/occupational safety and ergonomics, and econometrics.The department is also home to the Digital Supply Chain and Operations Management Research Center; for more information on the Center, visit https://www.ku.ac.ae/dsom.
The department is particularly interested in active candidates (open rankings) with expertise in one or more of the following areas: Operational Research Analysis, Logistics and Transportation, Quality and Reliability Engineering, Production Systems and Automation Science, Occupational Safety and Ergonomics , Smart Buildings and Cities, and Econometrics.
Successful candidates should teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels, establish and maintain an active research program resulting in peer-reviewed publications in high-impact professional journals, and provide services to departments, universities, and the profession.
- A PhD or equivalent PhD in a related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have been educated and/or have served at a leading higher education institution.
- Assistant Professor – At least 3 years of experience relevant to the position and proven research potential.
- Associate Professor – At least 8 years teaching experience or postgraduate research experience, at least 5 years of which should be at the Assistant Professor level.
- Professor – At least 10 years of teaching and postgraduate research experience, of which at least 5 years should be at associate professor level, and demonstrate high standards in teaching, advising and research.
If you need further assistance or experience any problems with the online application, please do not hesitate to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Main location: Khalifa University – Abu Dhabi, UAE
job type: full time