Soft Services Supervisor – Facilities Management
The Soft Services Supervisor is responsible for providing soft and support services to the University campus and manages the cleaning supervisor team and the on-site cleaning team.
- Contract services that oversee campus waste, trash management, and removal of recyclables from buildings.
- Work closely with the on-site contract cleaning team to ensure contracts are delivered in an appropriate manner.
- Oversees waste removal, general maintenance, periodic cleaning, deliveries and on-site emergencies and ensures waste strategy expectations are met.
- Oversees the provision of professional and cost-effective managed services, including overseeing contracts for building exterior and window washing services, upholstery cleaning, and carpet and rug cleaning and repair in all academic, administrative, residential, and utility facilities on campus.
- Oversees the maintenance and upkeep of University campus grounds and inspects the work of service contractors to ensure compliance with KU standards and health and safety regulations.
- Manage procurement related to soft services (PR, quoting, execution, receiving, reporting, finance, etc.);
- Conduct daily site checks and monitor SLAs and KPIs for software services.
- Manage safekeeping of keys in all buildings, including duplication, collection of required documents, and creation of key files for all locations.
- Ensure the security of the office, employee personal items, and office and laboratory equipment.
- Manage CCTV surveillance, access control and intruder alerts and report incidents, if any
- Prepare periodic reports related to security incidents (accidents, theft, etc.)
- Adhere to agreed codes of conduct and maintain customer friendly service.
- Review monitoring system requirements and coordinate with FM Operations Manager for maintenance and/or upgrades
- Support other services as requested by the department
- ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner and in compliance with relevant health and
- Safety regulations, including risk assessment and method statement.
- Oversee the daily activities of the team. Ensure optimal utilization of manpower and resources, including subcontractors and their employees.
- Evaluate service provider performance and provide feedback to managers
- Auditing of services, standards and compliance through building inspections and routine maintenance
- Comply with the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and
- Report violations or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments as needed to facilitate completion of tasks and responsibilities
- Perform any other tasks assigned by line manager
- Provide coaching, mentoring and direction as needed to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensure achievement of stated goals and plans
- Recommend suitable training courses based on pre-determined training needs, evaluate their effectiveness and monitor their results
- Conduct performance evaluations of subordinates against planned timelines and recommend necessary actions based on applied practices
- Hold regular meetings with subordinates to ensure priorities are clear and workflows are running smoothly
- Follow up on employee administrative matters such as vacations, vacations and other administrative and related matters
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any other related field.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience for foreigners
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in the UAE
If you need further assistance or experience any problems with the online application, please contact the Recruitment Team (Recruitment Team@ku.ac.ae).
Main location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
job type: full time