37 C
Wednesday, October 4, 2023

World News Tonight features the biggest winning percentages for adults ages 25-54 in 5 weeks


ABC World News tonight with david muir Once again the top-rated national evening news program.

During the week before Memorial Day, ABC News’ evening anchors averaged 7.4 million total viewers, with A25-54 viewers exceeding 1.14 million. This is based on real-time and same-day data from Nielsen for the week beginning May 22, 2023.

WNT was the most-watched regular program on U.S. broadcast and cable TV for the ninth week in a row, and beat NBC and CBS’ evening news race with 234 average total viewers over the past 235 weeks — 163 of the past 165 weeks 25- weeks in a 54-year-old adult.

World News Tonight grew total audience by less than +1% (+7,000), with A25-54 audience up +2% Compared to the previous week (the week of May 15). In addition, the total audience for ABC’s evening news program was down -4%, and the A25-54 audience was down -22% compared to the 54-year-old audience. Same week one year ago (May 23, 2022)as Americans under 55 increasingly turn away from linear TV news while their elders continue to tune in.

NBC Nightly News Lester Holt Average total viewership for the week of May 22 was 5.9 million (8th among all scheduled broadcast and cable TV programs) and 860,000 adults ages 25-54. Unlike its competitors, the overall audience for the evening news was up (+1%) from the previous week. However, the newscast lost -2% among A25-54 viewers. Compared to the same week in 2022, The Evening News saw a -8% decrease in total audience and -19% decrease in adults ages 25-54.

According to Adobe Analytics and partner portal; YouTube Analytics Portal, full weekday episodes of NBC Nightly News on YouTube averaged 806,000 views last week and totaled 709,000 viewers.

CBS Nightly News and nora o’donnell The week of May 22 averaged 4.35 million viewers and 657,000 adults ages 25-54, up 2% and 5%, respectively, from newscasts the week before. On a year-over-year basis, total viewership for CBS Evening News was -7% and A25-54 viewership was -20%.

Additionally, on Friday, May 26, World News Tonight changed its name to “WNT-ABC,” CBS Evening News changed its name to “CBS Evening Nws,” and NBC Nightly News changed its name to “NBC Nitely News” for Memorial Day weekend. Rebranded telecasts are excluded from weekly and seasonal averages. Averages for ABC, CBS, and NBC are based on four days (Monday-Thursday). ABC and CBS evening news ratings for the week before Memorial Day in 2022 are also based on only four days (excluding that Friday), while NBC’s evening news ratings are based on only three days (excluding Wednesday and Friday)

Nielsen Live Streaming and Average Viewership for the day for the week ending May 22, 2023:

• Total audience:7,403,0005,904,0004,347,000
• A25-54:1,144,000860,000657,000

Source: The Nielsen Company, NTI Total Viewership, Adults 25-54 live + SD current week (w/o 5/22/23), previous week (w/o 5/15/23) and same time last year ( w/ o 5/23/22). Latest data streams: 2022-2023 season (9/19/22-5/28/23) and 2021-2022 season (9/20/21-5/29/2023). Nielsen ratings for ABC, NBC and CBS include additional airing in select markets. Beginning 8/31/20, national ratings also include out-of-home (OOH) viewing. Average based on regular telecasts.


Source link

Related Articles

New butler replaces late Senator Feinstein in California

Laphonza Butler, a former union leader and Democratic insider, was sworn in as California's newest Senator on Tuesday, succeeding the late Senator Dianne Feinstein....

Flash Floods in Sikkim Leave 23 Indian Soldiers Missing

Reports indicate that 23 army soldiers have gone missing due to a flash flood in the Teesta River of Lachen Valley, caused by a...

Venice Bus Tragedy: 21 Dead, 18 Injured

A tragic bus crash in Mestre, Italy, near Venice, claimed the lives of 21 people and left 18 others injured. The bus, carrying foreign...

India’s Oil Minister lauds fast clean energy shift

India, the world's third-largest energy consumer, is making swift progress in transitioning to renewables and remains committed to achieving its net zero emissions targets...

UAE advises citizens in Bangkok after shooting

The UAE Embassy in Bangkok issued an advisory on Tuesday after a shooting incident at a mall in Thailand's capital.All Emiratis near the area...

Latest Articles