A whopping 67% of selected startups are headquartered outside the UAE, demonstrating Abu Dhabi’s growing global appeal
The 15 innovative start-ups joining Hub71 this year include harnessing neuroscience and data analytics, mentoring and job-matching platforms to provide non-drug treatments for neurological conditions, and digital VAT rebate solutions for tourists who save 20%.
Abu Dhabi’s global tech ecosystem welcomed its first batch of startups in 2023, including startups in priority sectors such as healthtech, fintech and edtech. Compared to its predecessor, Hub71 received 70% more startup applications. A whopping 67% of the selected start-ups are based outside the UAE, demonstrating Abu Dhabi’s growing global appeal as a strong start-up innovation hub where tech entrepreneurs can access capital, a growing community and ease of doing business environment of.
Ahmad Ali Alwan, Deputy CEO of Hub71, said: “Each startup goes through a rigorous screening process based on its unique capabilities and potential to grow into a global technology company in Abu Dhabi. And was chosen.”
The 15 startups hail from the UAE, the US, New Zealand, Egypt, the Netherlands and the UK. The latest additions bring Hub71’s vibrant community to over 240 startups.
“Our first cohort of 2023 includes companies that have demonstrated a competitive advantage in building differentiated technology platforms and products. By attracting and scaling startups delivering solutions that change people’s lives, we aim to impact on Dhabi’s economy and society, and continue to strengthen its position as a leading global innovation hub,” Alwan added.
The 15 selected startups are:
- Cypherleak is a cost-effective risk monitoring solution that enables companies to gain visibility into their leaked data and provides attack surface management, vulnerability scanning and risk scoring solutions.
- Elmawkaa is a marketplace for building materials. The automated process allows contractors and engineers to obtain competitive and accurate material quotes from vetted suppliers in minutes.
- Exsurgo uses neuroscience and data analytics to develop treatments for neurological diseases without the use of drugs.
- Fuze is a full-stack digital asset infrastructure platform that enables Mena enterprises to integrate embedded experiences for their clients in a regulated and compliant manner.
- Inovat is a digital VAT refund solution that allows travelers to save over 20% on tax refunds when shopping without completing any paperwork or queuing at the airport.
- LivLyt is democratizing access to the latest technology devices through subscriptions, which offer a more affordable, flexible and convenient solution than alternatives.
- Mashvisor is a platform that combines all the services needed for real estate investing, reducing three months of research to just 15 minutes.
- MediJobs is a platform that enables highly skilled healthcare professionals to connect with an exclusive network of top practice recruiters in their field.
- Ovasave is a technology platform utilizing innovative solutions to provide women with seamless, integrated, digital fertility and egg freezing services through a vetted network.
- Rabbit Mart is a grocery service company with tech-enabled hyperlocal fulfillment centers. It gives users peace of mind knowing that the item they ordered will never be out of stock and is guaranteed to be delivered within 20 minutes.
- SubsBase is a subscription management platform that enables businesses to seamlessly and efficiently manage the lifecycle of their customers with recurring payments.
- Synapse Analytics is a data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence company that provides services and products to help organizations better use and monetize data.
- The Editing is a compact gene editing system that harnesses endogenous proteins to treat life-threatening genetic diseases.
- Qureos is a platform that makes mentoring, portfolio building and job matching easy for graduates as they transition into the workforce.
- Zest Equity is a platform for all venture investors that democratizes venture trading in emerging markets.